Latest movie you watched

All forums need an off topic section, for all the things that just don't fit anywhere else. Keep it clean.
Anna
Site Admin
Site Admin

Latest movie you watched

Post by Anna » March 4th, 2016, 9:37 am

What is the last movie you did watch, and would you recommend it?

The last movie I watched is called Jupiter Ascending.

It's a fairly good, but a little weird movie.

The main character is a young woman rather fed up with her life, where she together with her aunt and mother work with housecleaning.

Little does she know that the universe as she knows it is going to change drastically when she learns the true identity (reincarnation) of her self.

Yes, I would recommend it. It's an entertaining movie, perhaps not of highest quality though.

masodo

Re: Latest movie you watched

Post by masodo » April 19th, 2016, 5:24 pm

This topic got me thinking... (look out ;) ) - I don't go to the movie theater all that much but I do see most of the blockbusters when they come out on DVD. I have never heard of Jupiter Ascending but will be sure to put it on my radar.

At first I was thinking the last film I saw at the theater was the final installment of Harry Potter (Deathly Hallows) but then I remembered that in September my wife and I visited the quaint little town of Osgood, Indiana and made a stop at the Damm Theatre and saw No Escape - This action-packed "thrill ride" is not our usual fare but we really have been meaning to visit this establishment so this was our chance.

The film was not well received by the critics but any fan of edge-of-the-seat/run-for-your-life/kill-or-be-killed drama will want to check this out. I doubt it would play all that well on a small screen but it made good use of the larger-than-life presentation at the DAMM.

On the small screen I will watch about anything - honestly - as evidenced by my recent viewing of Grandma (starring Lilly Tomlin) - This is a story about a pregnant teen who is forced to turn to her hip, lesbian, author grandmother in her quest to come-up with the cash to get an abortion. While I find the premise utterly repugnant, the film was actually well done and quite entertaining. I do like Lilly.

Just to "wrap it up" here I will mention that I am in the middle of watching a made-for-tv movie (started watching last evening but had to retire midway) called The Girl (2012) - a story about filmaker Alfred Hitchcock and actress Tippi Hedron. This was another rather random discovery that so far is turning out to be worth the time. Toby Jones (Detectorists) does a remarkably brilliant job of portraying "Hitch" and is the reason I look forward to getting back to this tell-all biopic.

Thanks for the topic Anna!